I just had the best heart pouring blog....and then the computer crashed it without saving....so here is round two, abbreviated version.
Today Peyton and I didn't go anywhere in the car. We usually have a rushed morning of getting to the gym by 8:30. I wasn't feeling well, so I skipped the gym routine. So, by 9:00 we were ready to do something. We got dressed and went outside for a walk. Peyton was in his push car and Grace was dragging us down the street on her leash. And I do mean dragging.
I knew halfway around the block Peyton would want to get out of his car to see the tractors. There is one house being built and they have the tractors in their yard still. Sure enough, out he climbs and runs all around the tractors. Meanwhile, Grace is all caught up in the wheels etc. with me holding the other end of the leash. Peyton played for a while, so I sat down on the curb. He came over and picked up some rocks that were being used as a makeshift construction driveway. He loved to pick them up, throw, them and laugh when they crumbled into little pieces. I told him, "Peyton, you are living every little boys dream....rocks and tractors." As I sat there with the warmth from the sun on my back, I thought about how thankful I was to be there at that moment. I get to live everyday with that sweet boy, holding him, playing with him, and loving him. I know life is short, and as my dad tells me all the time, "One day you are going to look up and he's driving or joining the Marines." I know those days will come, but for now I am so blessed to be able to stay home and spend my days with Peyton, doin' what I love and lovin' what I do.
Coffee, Cats, and Deadlines: A Day in My Life
1 month ago


1 comment:
awww! i try to remind myself of that too... how fast they grow! can you believe our peytons are almost two? it seems like i was just holding her as a newborn!
Post a Comment