Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Gracie the Cocker Spaniel or Gracie the Weiner Dog





I really would have liked to separate these photos for effect, but it won't let me. Maybe that is a lesson someone can teach me about. It makes me put them all together.

So, Grace last night sees a dove lounging on the front porch and goes crazy over it. That stupid dove wouldn't move. I even let Grace out a couple of times and it still came back. I was just tired of her scratching the door. But, she looked cute so I snapped some pics. Now I am glad I did.

Today I took her to the groomers looking like a shaggy cocker. I asked the groomer to cut her a little shorter (she's had this cut several times this summer) rather than the regular cocker cut since she likes to romp in the grass and bring things in on her fur. That was at 9 this morning. At 5 this evening I still hadn't heard anything from the groomer so I called.....The owner answered and was surprised I hadn't been to get her since she was ready for several hours....Well, nobody called me..

I sent Erich to get her on his way home from work. In runs Grace.....the weiner dog! Wait, she's not a weiner dog. Wheres her hair? What have they done with Grace????? Long story short, I called and the owner answered the phone. We know her and are usually happy with her service. Anyway, Grace had a different groomer today than usual and she thought that cut her shorter meant SHAVE the dog. well, the owner apologized and said the next groom is on them...which I think should be the case since she sat up there in a cage all day and had to come home with a different identity. The funny thing is the groomer asked this morning if i wanted to keep her ears the same. It is a good thing i said yes, or my cocker might not even have her signature ears. What do you think? Does she look like a spaniel( minus the ears which give her away?)

On another note, while she was gone I cleaned her cage and for the first time Peyton decided he needed to check it out for himself...

My photos aren't that clear of her before and after. I am NOT a good photographer.

3 comments:

Mommy Harris said...

haha! We'll work on it on Friday, I'll show you some tricks! :-) Adorable! I love Gracie, she's so cute! That pic of him in the cage is priceless!

Jaime said...

poor Gracie the wiener dog! at least the hairs will grow back!! haha! don't let the other doggies laugh at her when you go on walks or you'll give her insecurity issues!

The Reid Family said...

I love that Grace is running around and Peyton is in the cage.