



Well, my brother, John, left for Kuwait a week ago tomorrow. It was hard on the family to know he is thousands of miles away in the desert in a war torn country. He called last night to wish Erich a happy birthday, but I didn't answer the phone b/c I didn't recognize the number. I almost cried when I heard the message. Thankfully, he called back five minutes later and we got to talk about what life is like for him. Now that I am a mom, I can't imagine what my mom is going through. I look at little Peyton and can't imagine in 20 years sending him off to college, much less war. Mom cried when they dropped him off at the airport two weeks ago...after John left. She tried to be brave for him. I was not so brave. I cried while hugging him. We are trusting in God to keep him save and bring him home to us. Please keep him in your prayers and also my parents because this is really hard on them too.


2 comments:
We have been through it and it is hard girl. One day at a time. And send him as much mail and lots of pictures as you can. I dreamed about Luke constantly while he was gone.
He will come back a man Morgan. I know you are proud of him.
My family has been through this as well, and we are doing it again. My brother is going back to Iraq on Monday, he works there now with a company, but it is still scary. I will pray for your brother and family.
Post a Comment