Thursday, April 15, 2010

Dada's Hand

Mr. Albert has been cutting my family's hair as far back as I can remember. He cut my late grandfather's hair, my father, brother, mine when I was little, my uncles, Erich's after we met.....and now Peyton's hair. He has been in his same location for 45 years and his goal is to make it 50. It is a little hole in the wall place that any woman in their right mind would run from! When you called to make an apt. he always answers the phone very quickly with, "Skylinebabershop"....all one word. I can imagine that after answering the phone everyday for almost 50 years it begins to be garbled and quick.

We weren't sure how Peyton was going to do, so Erich had his hair cut first. Peyton just played in the floor not knowing he was next. Erich's dad has always cut Peyton's hair, so this is his first experience with a real barber shop. When it was his turn, Albert placed a board on top of the chair and I could tell by the look on Peyton's face that he wasn't so sure about this. I was taking pictures of the "event" so Erich stood next to him, holding his little fingers. He took his hand off Peyton's before the cutting began and within seconds, Peyton's little hand reached out for his Daddy's hand to comfort him.




From that point on, Peyton held on to Dada's fingers with one hand and his little toy in the other. He never cried or got upset. And...while sitting on the board he spotted the gum directly across from him, and immediately had to have a piece. I am sure he swallowed it whole since he has never had any before!He did not like the hair all over him, but with Dada's hand, Peyton made it through his first of many haircuts at "Skylinebarbershop"!

4 comments:

Free To Be Me said...

Sooo cute...LOVE this!! Glad it went well :)

Kresta said...

Awww!!! JM would tell you that all boys should get their hair cut at a barber shop. So sweet he was holding Erich's hand the whole time.

Kathy said...

That picture with his hand out is the cutest thing I've ever seen!! So, so, sweet!

Jaime said...

That is sweet Morgan. See, now aren't you glad you blogged about it so you will remember it forever! I'm sure you'll scrapbook that one too though!