Tuesday, April 13, 2010

How does your garden grow?

Okay, once the warm weather, cool breezes, and sunshine hits every spring, I get the itch to plant flowers. Last year Erich and I grew our own zinnias from seeds. They were beautiful all summer long after we planted them in the front flower beds. This year we branched out with petunias and bacopa also. Some are sprouting very well, and some not so well. When you see the pictures, the black containers are full of little seedlings.


So, this weekend Erich, Peyton and I went to Lowes to stock up on all things colorful! We bought hot pinks, whites, purples, and yellows. I also bought coconut liners to create my own hanging planters. We added pine straw to the beds, trimmed bushes, fertilized and planted. Peyton has his own garden set and with my help with the water,he watered the same one over and over. So here are pics of our blooms on the back deck, my new ferns, and some plants I intend to add today.







We have had a little mama birdie singing to us every morning from the front porch. She has hatched several "batches" of little birdies already. Since I had the ladder out, I snuck and took some pics of her little nest, which is actually a dove nest left over from last year, and the new bird added her own nest on top.





On the way home today, the clouds were so puffy and white. Out of the front window there was a crescent moon shaped cloud. Peyton noticed it and said, "Look Mama, moon." I was amazed. Then I said,"Well, Peyton that is a cloud moon." As we turned into the neighborhood he said, "Bye bye cloud moon." Too precious!

3 comments:

Jaime said...

all your colorful flowers are soo pretty! you must have a green thumb. can you come help me with my garden - it does not grow so good!

Jaime said...

p.s. i'm proud of you for doing so well blogging lately! you're on a roll!!

Renee said...

Beautiful! Your house and yard are just gorgeous. I loved the story about Peyton and the cloud. Too cute! :)