Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Mr. Engineer

Peyton comes from a looong line of engineers. Opa Opa, Erich's grandfather is a mechanical engineer, Opa, Erich's dad is a mechanical engineer, Micheal, Erich's uncle is a mechanical, and Erich is an electrical engineer. And there is an equally non mechanical woman married to them all!

Peyton, like Erich, is very methodical in how he does things. He is particular, perfectionist, and very precise. Today, Opa came over to deliver a table he made for my sewing machine! He was in my room putting it together when in toddled Peyton. He immediately picked up a socket wrench and put it on a bolt and turned. I mean, very good hand/eye coordination, got it right on top of the bolt the first time kind of thing.


Erich's dad was amazed and kept trying to help Peyton, but he didn't really need any! Peyton was so serious and intent on helping screw in the bolts. I have to say that I think Peyton is going to be another in the long line of Holderer ENGINEERS!


1 comment:

Jaime said...

That's awesome! Won't he be great to have around when you need things fixed and Erich is at work! I think it's funny how you call grandparents "Opa" and "Opa Opa". Will Erich be "Opa Opa Opa"? Poor Peyton will be stuck with "Opa Opa Opa Opa"!! haha!! Anyway, I saw your comment and I will try to call you tomorrow at your house.